Feb 27, 2007

Is This Funny Because I'm Aspie?

Is the joke below funny because I'm an Aspie or is it funny to Neurotypicals too?

-------------------
It was late afternoon near Savannah, Tennessee. Johnny was riding back from a gig in Nashville. He sat with his head against the window of the bus looking bored at the roadside as it passed. A sign in front of a house changed his boredom to curiosity, and he had his driver turn around. The sign said:

“Talking Dog for Sale”

He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a yellow Labrador retriever sitting there.

“You talk?” he asks.

“Yep,” the Lab replies.

“So, what's your story?”

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my gift, and in no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running."

"But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security wandering near suspicious characters and listening in."

"I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

Johnny is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the singer says.

"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"

"'Cause he's a liar! He never did any of that stuff!"

------------------

I think that's hysterical.

Adam

5 comments:

  1. Hello Adam:
    Happy Birthday. You may wonder how a stranger knows today is your day. Well, when I had my first child, your Mom was my roomie and she had you the day before I had Julie. She helped me a lot since there were many in your family! We kept in touch for some time but now years later, I was wondering whatever happened to the Parmentors so thought I'd google you. I am sure this is you, cause Julie's birthday is February 28th. I have no idea if you will ever get this, but I am trying. I was most interested in your Aspie information. I follow a special singer who's foundation supports autism. He was a teacher first and his pupil had autism. Please write me if you care to at marilan@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow up note.

    My wife didn't think this was funny at all.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam:

    Very funny joke. But my favorite part was the Neurotypicals.. HA!

    I'm sorry I didn't have time to read more of your blog but I have to work. I am afraid of my co-workers

    Thanks again for the humor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Talking sausage!

    Anyway...
    Your wife obviously has no sense of humor. ;-)

    (Sorry Marj)

    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Joke! My son's an Aspie, this is my probably my favorite of his jokes;

    "Why did the Penguin go to the doctor?"
    "Because he was dead"

    www.aspiehumor.com

    ReplyDelete