Aug 7, 2007

Aspies Inc. Blog

I want to find out more about my readers, by using a series of polls. Look on the side panel of this blog for the first one. These will be simple anonymous polls, that will give me an idea of how often readers are checking for new content, and what other kinds of events or information will be helpful to you.

As always if you have questions or comments, click on the comments link at the end of any of the posts. I get an e-mail whenever a comment is posted and will post a response either in that same comment section or within the body of another post.

I want to make sure this blog is useful to those that are reading it, so my first poll is intended to find out how often readers check in to look for new posts. In the past I've thought about locating other writers so that there is more posts and greater variety. I keep a journal too, becuase writing helps me keep my emotional and intelectual sense of balance. Well, one day I just started writing a fictional story that contained elements of my life in it. It allowed me to document thoughts and reactions that I've had to life without trying to acurately record real events. It also lets me interact with my thoughts and feelings in a creative way.

I wrote one chapter and then misplaced my journal. My wife found my journal in a suitcase so when I have some freetime, the next chapter is in my head. I'm wondering if I should try my story out on you'll here in this blog or just start it up in a different blog. It's the type of thing for which I might go three months without any posts and then post something 10 days in a row.

It might be more interesting to have two or three other Aspies writing here in this blog. Multiple perspectives may generate a more useful blog.

Anyway, as you are reading this post, please help me by completing the poll on the right side of the screen. Also post any comments or suggestions to the blog. If it doesn't make sense how to do that, please feel free to e-mail me at adam@parmenterclan.com.

I want to make Aspies, Inc as useful as possible.

Adam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam: I realize you wrote this almost a year ago, but I have just found your blog and it is very helpful to me. First of all, you have a wonderful sense of humor and you use it to great advantage in your writing.

    You have a wonderful "voice" which catches both the joys and the pathos of being Aspie in a way which takes the mystery out of a lot of things. We are only afraid of that which we don't understand.

    I am dating someone who is Aspie - I love him very much. Your blog has helped me to very much understand what the world must look like through his eyes. I am very grateful to you for so generously sharing this knowledge with your readers.

    Marian

    ReplyDelete